- 4 to 8 x T1/E1/J1 in a 1U chassis—Low cost per port; up to 66% rack and space cost savings
- 128 to 256 VoIP channels (field upgradable)—Simple field upgrade by purchasing our hardware-ready models
- Increased system up-time—SS7 link redundancy, dual power supply support, field-upgradable components
- Low operating expense (up to 80% cost savings) significantly improves ROI—Low power consumption (150 W for the SN10100 at full capacity)
- Connect with confidence to diverse VoIP endpoints and IP fax—Extensive media handling support for wireline, wireless and fax codecs
The SmartNode 10100 enables the delivery of VoIP services by bridging voice traffic between the public switched telephone network (PSTN)—based on time-division multiplexing (TDM)—and IP networks such as the Internet. Service providers are adding VoIP capabilities to their networks, whether to reduce costs when interconnecting with other carriers, to cost-effectively build out their network footprints, or simply to transport voice traffic across their IP backbones. Whether sitting at the network core or at the edge, SmartNode media gateways enable service providers to introduce VoIP into their networks while maintaining the quality and the reliability of traditional TDM networks.