- Up to 30 VoIP Channels
- Built in E1/T1 Resilience
- Voice, Fax and Modem support
- Flexible call routing for fall-back and least cost routing
- emergency PSTN backup
- Interoperability with a wide range of legacy and IP equipment
- Local survivability
- Fixed configuration of 30 VoIP calls
- Branch office survivability
- Available SRES and SNAP support
- Voice, fax and modem Support
The Vega 100 VoIP gateway connects digital telephony equipment to IP networks. Each unit purchased is factory configured with a maximum capacity for 30 simultaneous calls.
The available Sangoma Resiliency Enablement Suite (SRES) makes the Vega 100 the most resilient gateway in it is class. In the event of a WAN failure, IP phones behind the Vega gateway can continue to call each other, be routed to a backup switch or connected directly to the PSTN. In addition, the use of the Sangoma Network Appliance Provisioning (SNAP) tool makes the Vega 100 the easiest to provision gateway on the market.
Each E1/T1 interface can be independently configured as network side or terminal side. The Vega 100 gateway can therefore be connected to a PBX or the PSTN.